Friday 17 December 2010

KASPER'S READY FOR DANISH CALL

United goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is hoping his impressive run of form this season will catch the eye of Danish international head coach Morten Olsen.
The 24-year-old has been in terrific form since joining the club in the summer and is widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers outside of the Premier League.
And, being a proud Dane, Kasper is keen to follow in the footsteps of his dad Peter and make his international debut.
"I feel I'm definitely ready," he said. 
"I'm regularly playing in a good league for a great team. I can't see why being called up to see what I can do isn't a possibility. There's nothing more I can do that I am doing. And hopefully the call will come one day.
"I'm regularly playing in a good league for a great team. I can't see why being called up to see what I can do isn't a possibility. There's nothing more I can do that I am doing. And hopefully the call will come one day.
"The perception of lower league football in England isn't understood in Denmark. When people talk about the second division, I don't think people realise how big a league this is. When I was at Notts County, the fourth best division if you like, was still a good league. None of this gets shown in Denmark so people don't understand how good it is.
"But I hope people are taking notice. I would say it's the fifth best league in the world, but it doesn't get a lot of exposure other than in England so people don't see it.
"There are a lot of good goalkeepers in Denmark. Thomas Sorensen is number one and there's Anders Lindegaard who's just signed for Man United, and there's others so there's plenty of competition.
"All I can do is play well and wait and see. I feel ready and I'm playing well, so we'll see what happens. I've played a regularly for a couple of years now and I feel I am ready to be a part of it."


No comments:

Post a Comment