Thursday 16 December 2010

Lubomir Michalik plays down Leeds United future



On-loan Carlisle United defender Lubo Michalik would consider a switch to Brunton Park as he believes he is out of favour at parent club Leeds United.
Michalik, 27, moved to Cumbria on loan in August in search of regular football and has since made 13 appearances, scoring twice for Greg Abbott's side.
"I'm here until 3 January," the Slovakia international told BBC Radio Cumbria. "If I can stay I will.
"In my opinion I have no big future at Leeds, but you never know."
Michalik added: "I'm playing games, which is the most important thing for me. Maybe I would be happier to stay here."
Since signing for Carlisle, Michalik has struck up an impressive partnership with fellow loanee James Chester at the heart of the Cumbrians' defence.
He has helped to keep five clean sheets as part of a back five who have conceded just 12 goals in 13 games.
"It feels as though we've played alongside each other before, we've kept so many clean sheets," said the Cadca-born defender. "And I hope we continue with this."
Michalik's first English club were Bolton Wanderers, who signed him from Senec in January 2007.
He then joined Leeds, initially on loan, before making a permanent basis in January 2008.
He has made 78 league appearances during his time in England, scoring four goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment