Wednesday 29 December 2010

Tubbs plays down Leeds United talk


Crawley striker Matt Tubbs is ignoring speculation over his future after being linked with a move to Championship high-flyers Leeds.
Tubbs has been in prolific form this season, scoring more than 20 goals since joining from Salisbury City for a club-record fee of £70,000.
Leeds, who snared free-scoring Jermaine Beckford from Wealdstone United in 2006, are reportedly mulling over a bid in the region of £500,000 for the former Bolton and Bournemouth marksman
Tubbs will not be sidetracked by speculation, though, and is just concentrating on performing his best for Steve Evans' side until he is told an offer has been accepted for his services.
"Without being big headed about it, my name seems to get talked about every transfer window," he told the Kent and Sussex Courier.
"There always seems to be this club or that club interested in me but as I've got older I've learned to just concentrate on my football and ignore it.
"When I was younger I used to get really excited but the big move never came along and now I just like to ignore it. If Steve Evans comes to me and says we have had a bid from this club or that club then I'll believe it but at the moment I'm just assuming no-one has been in touch.
"If it happens it happens. I'm happy at Crawley and wouldn't want to leave to just anyone. I think we have a squad that is better than most in League Two and I know this club has the ambition to be in the Football League itself.
"Papers will dig up things but that doesn't always mean it is going to happen, as a club liking someone is very different from them actually being able to buy them. All I can do is keep scoring goals and let other people talk about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment