Monday 21 February 2011

Davide Somma insists that he is not growing frustrated at his bench role for Leeds United.
The 25-year-old came off the bench to find the back of the net for the Whites in their 2-2 draw with Norwich on Saturday afternoon.
Somma has now notched up eleven goals in the Championship this term and despite not starting every game, he says he is happy at the Yorkshire club.

"I'd rather be a super starter than a super sub, but I'll take another goal, especially as it's the best I've scored all season," Somma said.

"You've got to respect the manager's decision. I'm here to help the team and whenever he calls I'm ready.

"I've not been beating down his door. Getting upset about it isn't going to help.

"Scoring goals keeps me going, I've just got to be patient and wait for my chances.

"I want to start but I'm just happy scoring goals, whether it's from the start or off the bench."

No comments:

Post a Comment