Thursday 23 June 2011

Rachubka completes Leeds Switch

Paul Rachubka is relishing the chance to "prove myself at a top-class club" after penning a two-year contract with Leeds United.The 30-year-old agreed a deal to come to Leeds earlier this month before completing the formalities on Thursday afternoon at Thorp Arch."I just can't wait to start training now," Paul told leedsunited.com. "I looked around the training ground on Thursday afternoon and I just wanted someone to train with!"I'm so enthusiastic about being here. I want to prove myself at a top class club. Leeds fans are fanatical and I want the chance to show them what I can do."This is the time of year people talk, but next week we start training and the games start coming. That's the only place where I can prove what I can do. I enjoy pressure, and I can't wait to get started."
Paul spent the past four seasons at Blackpool after being signed by Simon Grayson in 2007.
"I enjoyed working with him at Blackpool and it was sad when he left us," said Paul of Grayson.
"But I'm glad to be back working with him again. I know how he works. He wants players who are part of his squad and wants two players in every position."He told me I'll be coming in to compete. There'll be another goalkeeper coming in, but I want to prove myself here and am ready to compete."The goalkeeper played his part in two promotions at Blackpool, but was restricted to just three appearances last term as the Seasiders took their Premier League bow.
"It has been frustrating," he added. "You work as hard when you're not playing as when you're playing. I know I worked my socks off and did well, but I just didn't play."

No comments:

Post a Comment