Friday 26 August 2011

Nunez gives Grayson plenty to ponder

Carling Cup ace Ramon Nunez hopes his latest heroics will earn him a starting shot for Leeds at Ipswich tomorrow.The Honduran striker smashed two long-range goals in the midweek win over Doncaster to add to the couple he notched against City in the first round.Now Nunez is waiting to see if his latest nudge to Simon Grayson will persuade the Whites chief to give him a spot at Portman Road.Nunez said: “It’s always the manager’s decision on who to play. Us, as players, can only do it on the pitch and hope he picks up on what we do and puts us in the starting 11 on game day.“There is not much more I can do but keep working hard and wait for my chance.“I can feel my fitness getting better each time I play, as well as my confidence, and I want to keep it going.“I’m really enjoying playing on the left or in my favourite position at the minute, just behind the striker.“Hopefully I can keep on going and get some more games under my belt. The competition is always good here at the club, which is very healthy for the team.“Hopefully that’s something that can help the club get into the Premier League.”

Leeds enjoyed tremendous support at the Keepmoat Stadium, as they did in London last weekend during the battling 2-2 draw at West Ham. Nunez expects the fans to be out in numbers again for the trip to Portman Road.

“The fans have been great, not only this season but also last. They are one of the best crowds in England and it’s always comforting to have their support.

“We are very thankful for that and I’m sure it will continue until the end of the season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment