Friday 30 September 2011

Lees Sign New Deal

Leeds United have secured the services of one of their most promising youngsters on a long term deal.Defender Tom Lees has signed an extended contract keeping him at the club until 2015.The 20-year-old has made seven appearances for Leeds since making his debut in August this year.Lees told the club website: "It's been tough and I've been learning lots, but I've enjoyed playing regularly and being a part of the team."
"It's been a step up for me and it's a good challenge."Lees returned to Elland Road after making more than 100 appearances while on loan at Accrington Stanley and Bury over the last two seasons.He made his debut in United's Carling Cup win over neighbours Bradford City, and scored his first goal in the victory over Hull City.
He said: "I wouldn't have thought I would be in this position now, but I know my future is here and my aim is to keep improving, keep learning, and keep getting better."

No comments:

Post a Comment