Tuesday 11 October 2011

Nunez Sign New Contract with Leeds

Honduran international Ramon Nunez has signed a new contract with Leeds United.The 25-year-old, who can play up front and in midfield, has signed a deal that takes him up to 2015 with the option of a further year.
The deal comes as reward for a player who has netted five goals in 10 appearances so far this season.
"I'm delighted," said Ramon."Leeds is the club that gave me an opportunity and I'm happy here. It's all about concentrating on my football and working hard to get into the team."Obviously getting in the Premier League is the goal of everybody here. We certainly have enough good players to do that."Having joined Scunthorpe United on loan last season, Ramon returned to Leeds impress during the pre-season campaign. He netted his first goals for the club in the Carling Cup win against Bradford and followed that with one against Hull and another Cup brace against Doncaster.With a number of attacking options at Simon Grayson's disposal, Ramon has been restricted to five starts and five substitute appearances, but he is confident his opportunities will come."I've no doubt that I'll get my opportunity and when I do I'll be looking to take it," he added.
Ramon follows in the footsteps of Tom Lees, who recently agreed a new, extended deal with the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment