Thursday 6 October 2011

White:I don’t want to go out on loan again.

Aidy White admits he is desperate for his roaming days to be over after finding home comforts again at Leeds United.The season may have only just entered October but the pacey left-back has already made  progress with United in 2011-12, having already started more league matches in a season than he has done previously for his hometown club.Recognition has also arrived on the international front with White now an established part of the Ireland Under-21 squad, having switched his allegiances after previously featuring for England at under-19 level, making his debut for the boys in green in August and starting the Euro 2013 qualification double-header against Hungary and Turkey last month. White, who burst onto the scene with United in impressive style back in 2008, acknowledges the trick now is claiming permanent residency at left-back for the Elland Road club.That initial first-team spell earned the youngster a four-year deal, but he spent most of last-term at a temporary footballing home in Oldham Athletic, featuring 24 times for Paul Dickov’s League One side.White, who made just one Championship start for Leeds in 2010-11 and featured a mere three times in all competitions, conceded: “I’m glad I’ve now got this run of games behind me. It’s giving me confidence.“Previously, I’ve had to go out on loan and get the experience, but I feel I’ve come back stronger and, hopefully, I’ll hold down my spot in the team.“I can only play as well as I can and the rest is the manager’s choice, but I feel I’m doing okay.“Being in the first team is my concentration, I don’t want to go out on loan again. I want to play football for Leeds and no-one else, and that’s my aim.“I want to get as many games in as I can by the end of the season and make it a good one for me and the team.“You have to be patient. As a young lad, you can’t just expect to go straight into the team (and stay), you’ve got to understand that.“You do need experience and the manager asked me to get that on loan at Oldham. I did that and played 25-odd games and benefited, but I just want to push on now at Leeds and I feel ready.”

White, whose run of fixturess after coming in from the cold ahead of the 4-1 derby victory over Hull City in mid-August has only been briefly interrupted by a one-match ban following his harsh dismissal in the defeat at Ipswich Town, is clearly benefiting from a sense continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment