Tuesday 22 November 2011

McCarthy Wants Leeds Stay?

Alex McCarthy has hinted that he would be keen to stay with Championship rivals Leeds beyond his one-month loan stay.The 21-year-old goalkeeper arrived at Elland Road at the beginning of November and has conceded just once in the two games he has played, helping the Whites to back-to-back wins.McCarthy was brought into the club to replace the clubs only fit first team goalkeeper Paul Rachubka after his first half horror show against Blackpool. Alex has settled into the team with great ease and was outstanding against Burnley at the weekend.When asked about his future, the England Under-21 international told the Yorkshire Post: "I really don't know. At the moment, it's just for a month until December 10."The main thing is I want to be playing games. When it comes closer to the time, I think we'll sit down and speak about it. We'll just have to see how it goes.
"I'm playing games and that's the main thing. If I stay longer, for whatever reason, it would obviously be a bonus. There's six games (in my loan) to get under my belt."

No comments:

Post a Comment