Monday 26 December 2011

Ben Parker set for Loan Move

Simon Grayson has confirmed that Leeds United plan to send Ben Parker out on loan next month, allowing the left-back to step up his comeback after two-and-a-half years of injury problems.
Parker will be made available on a temporary basis in the January transfer window amid fresh hope that the worst of his fitness concerns are behind him.The 24-year-old was forced to consider quitting the game earlier this season after suffering a set-back during his appearance in United’s Carling Cup win over Bradford City in August.Parker has endured a series of injuries and operations since straining a hamstring far back in 2009, but he is training with Leeds’ senior squad again and has taken part in a number of reserve and youth-team fixtures.His prospects of a swift first-team recall are slim, however, with his match fitness in need of improvement and Aidan White firmly established as United’s regular left-back, and Grayson will intends to loan him to another Football League club in the coming weeks.The United manager said: “I’d have thought that would be a good option for him and for us.“He’s had such a long time out and it was good to see him come through another reserve game last week. If he can maintain his training before the window opens, there might be a couple of options for him to go out on loan.

“It’s important – vital really – that he starts playing football again, for his benefit and our benefit.”

Speaking last week, Parker, who made his senior debut for Leeds more than four years ago, said: I’d be stupid to think I’ll sit around and bide my time at Leeds or that the manager’s going to throw me in.

“I know he’s not going to throw me in – it’s too much of a risk for him.

“I need to go out on loan and prove myself, to show him that I can play games without getting injured and prove to the footballing world that I haven’t disappeared.

“Hopefully it’ll be a possibility to go out on loan for a month in January, to get some games played and then take it from there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment