Friday 13 July 2012

Leeds move for Jamaican International

{EAV:c1bd42a8c22c5c17}    Leeds United are lining up a move for Jamaican international midfielder Rodolph Austin.The combative defensive midfielder, capped 45 times by the Reggae Boyz, is out of contract in December and has refused to sign a new deal, with Brann’s asking price believed to be between £200,000 and £300,000.Austin comes highly rated,former Liverpool and England star John Barnes who had Austin played under during his spell as Jamaican National coach " I've said it since I saw him the first time. He can do anything. He can attack, defend, and he has a very good attitude,I remember that he often took a few extra sessions with the national team. Jamaicans are tough, and it fits in the Premier League. I think he could easily clear up there".Leeds United manager Neil Warnock has confirmed his interest in bringing Austin to Elland Road, having previously had him on trial at former club QPR in January of last year.Warnock said: “He’s a player I had at QPR. I had him over for a week and he’s a smashing lad. I’ve always liked him, but it’s always been a bit too much money.“The last time I spoke to them, it was around the £2m mark. But his contract runs out in December and he’s one that we are looking at as well as several others.”

Austin saw a move to Stoke City in 2008 fall through due to work permit issues.Austin, 27 was voted as the best player in the Norwegian premier division in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment