Thursday 2 August 2012

McCormack Set to Stay at Leeds

Leeds United striker Ross McCormack wants to stay at the club and is hopeful of signing a new deal with the Yorkshire giants soon.The Scottish international scored 18 goals in 45 Championship appearances for the club last season but rejected a contract extension, leading to speculation about the 25-year-old's future.The likes of Wigan Athletic, Huddersfield Town and Crystal Palace were all linked with the forward, with United manager Neil Warnock confirming that the club had received 'a number of offers' for his services in July.But after wearing the captain's armband in a friendly against Sandefjord of Norway on Tuesday, McCormack declared his intent to remain at Elland Road."Everyone knows there has been offers for me which have come into the club," McCormack told the club's official website."The club have turned them down. I'm just waiting on an offer of a new contract and we'll take it from there."I've said from day one, I've got a house here, I've got an eight month old baby, my missus is happy here, and my choice would be to stay at Leeds so hopefully the offer is one that I think is acceptable."After losing former captain Robert Snodgrass to Norwich City last week, Leeds are reticent to lose another of their star men, with Warnock confirming that contract talks were underway.

"Ross knows I want to keep him," Warnock said.

"I've had a chat with him. His representative will be talking to the club over the next few days. We've had a couple of enquiries for him, but I don't want to sell him unless something happens that we can't turn down."

1 comment:

  1. Give RM the service and i think he''ll be the best striker we've had for a long time, and the team thats being assembled will give him the service. I really hope leeds give him what he thinks he deserves.

    ReplyDelete