Saturday 1 September 2012

Leeds land Diouf on permanent deal

Leeds United have confirmed permanent signing of midfielder El-Hadji Diouf on a short term contract until January The experienced Senegal international player had been at Elland Road on a non-contract basis.The twice-former African footballer of the year joined Leeds on the eve of the League cup tie against Shrewsbury earlier this month and he has been involved in all five of Leeds games so far this season.Leeds boss Neil Warnock and Diouf had a public falling out in January 2010, when Warnock likened the player to a sewer rat but Diouf says that is all now behind them and he is enjoying playing for a manager who believes in him.

Diouf stated recently , "Neil believes in me and gives me confidence. What happened is in the past. I just need to play my football and help the young lads we have got and help the team win games."

The 31 year old says he is relishing the challenge at Leeds and he is enjoying the fight of trying to win promotion to the Premier League than at a club fighting relegation. "In my life I only love one thing in football, the challenge. I had it at other clubs, Liverpool, Rangers, and leagues and now Leeds.

"To play for Leeds is a big challenge. We have 25,000-30,000 fans for home games and who doesn`t want to play for a big club like this with all the history?

"I prefer to play for Leeds than go to a Premier League club and have to play not to go down. It`s more exciting here and to help them achieve something special.

"This season we will try to get promotion to the top and make the fans happy. That`s what everyone wants, the manager, the players, the fans. And I want to let my football do the talking for me," added Diouf.





No comments:

Post a Comment