Monday 24 January 2011

KASPER BAGS FA CUP AWARD

United goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel has been named E.ON Player of the Round for his perfomance against Arsenal in the third round of the FA Cup.
The award was voted for by fans and Kasper beat Burton's Shaun Harrad, Sergio Torres of Crawley, Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara and Stevenage's Michael Bostwick.
The clash with Arsenal saw Kasper in fine form, and our Danish goalkeeper made two quite brilliant saves.
In the first game he got the deftest of touches to turn a Denilson shot wide and in the replay at Elland Road he made a superb save to deny Chamakh.
Kasper said: "I'm delighted to win the award and I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me.
"As for the saves, it's what I'm there for. Obviously I was pleased to make them, and I was delighted that we got a result there to take them to a replay.
"In the end, we were all gutted we didn't get a result at Elland Road in the replay, but both games were a fantastic experience for everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment