Tuesday, 1 February 2011
Hull v Leeds match pre-view
Gonzalez has been brought in as cover for first-choice keeper Kasper Schmeichel after youngster Alan Martin's contract was cancelled.
Hull City are assessing Nolberto Solano, who hopes to return to action following a thigh problem.
Recent signing Tijani Belaid could make his Tigers debut.
Saturday's draw against leaders QPR further underlined how much Hull have improved since a difficult start to life back in the Championship. The Tigers are 12th in the table and hoping to muscle in on the play-off race in the coming weeks.
Nigel Pearson's side are unbeaten in four Championship matches and have lost only one of their 13 league games since being beaten by Humber rivals Scunthorpe back in November.
But they continue to find goals hard to come by at home. Only Scunthorpe have scored fewer home goals in the league this season than City, who have managed a paltry 11 and have failed to score in two of their last three league outings at the KC Stadium.
They will want to improve on that dismal record against sixth-placed Leeds, who were second at Christmas but have won only one of their last six league matches.
• Hull boss Nigel Pearson has used 33 players in the Championship this season - more than any other manager.
• No team in the division has drawn more league games than City (11).
• Nick Barmby could play against his former club.
• Leeds are the joint top scorers in the Championship with 52 goals, and have failed to find the net in only three of their 28 games.
• This is their 100th league match under manager Simon Grayson.
• A defeat would be the club's 300th away from home in the second tier.
• United have committed more fouls than any other team in the division (348) and been shown more cards (54; two red, 52 yellow).
JOIN EASYCASH ON FACEBOOK CLICK HERE
Posted by deano at 07:31