Thursday 4 August 2011

Leeds United complete deal for Celtic defender O’Dea

Defender Darren O'Dea says he can't wait to get started after joining Leeds United on a season long loan deal.The 24-year-old completed the formalities of his loan switch from Celtic at Thorp Arch on Thursday afternoon and will meet his new team-mates for the first time on Friday.The no-nonsense defender said: "I'm delighted to be here. I'd been looking to get away and as soon as I heard of Leeds' interest I had no doubts.
"I was on trial here as a 13-year-old and the place was impressive then. It's changed a bit since, but it's a great set-up here and it was an easy decision to make.
"I played in the Championship with Ipswich last season and it's a very competitive division. Teams at the bottom can beat teams at the top and it's a test I'm really looking forward to.
"I'm hoping to achieve what everyone here is hoping to achieve - promotion. 20 teams will be aiming for that, but the players here did well last season and I hope I can bring a bit more to that."
Subject to the formalities of international clearance Darren will go straight into the squad for Saturday's game at Southampton.
"Hopefully it'll be straight into it," added Darren. "I didn't see Southampton last season, but they will come up with a winning mentality and it will be a tough game.
"It's a nice stadium, there'll be a good atmosphere, and we're looking to do well."

No comments:

Post a Comment