Thursday 15 September 2011

Kilkenny Disappointed With Leeds Exit

Neil Kilkenny has spoken of his disappointment over the manner of his summer exit from Leeds United, insisting: “I never wanted to leave the club.”Kilkenny said: “I didn’t want to leave and I made that clear so many times last season.

“I had three-and-a-half years with the club and I loved my time there.

“The way it all finished was really disappointing and I thought my performances over the whole of last season proved my worth.

“The club always got 100 per cent from me and I felt I’d earned a better offer than the one they gave me.

“Sometimes that’s how football works out but I want to make it clear that I wanted to stay, and in a way my hand was forced."

1 comment:

  1. So you say "I did not want to leave and I made that clear so many times last season".

    But you still left...? You obviously valued yourself higher than the club did. I do not have a problem with this, my problem with you and all other footballers is your lack of honesty. You got a better offer elsewhere and decided to take it...end of. After all to you its only a job and quite rightly like me you will work for who pays you the most. I am with Leeds United for life, you were with Leeds United as long as they paid you what YOU thought you were worth. Bye Bye.

    ReplyDelete