Wednesday 18 July 2012

Warnock assured he will remain Leeds boss by new owners

{EAV:c1bd42a8c22c5c17}    Leeds United manager Neil Warnock has been assured his job as is safe by the club’s prospective new owners.A Middle East-based consortium is conducting due diligence as they close in on a deal to buy the Championship club from Ken Bates - and Warnock has been informed they have no plans to bring in their own man.Speaking on Talksport Radio told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast Show: “To be honest, I wouldn’t be there now if I didn’t think they were totally behind me.
“I have had opportunities this summer to move on and the fans at Leeds have been superb with me right from day one so I felt that the best interests of the fans and the club is me staying put. That sounds big-headed but I don't mean it like that."Knowing what is going off, knowing the people that I'm dealing with, I just felt it was the best opportunity to get it sorted. The new people think along those lines as well. I have been given that type of assurance that they are really keen for me to stay."Warnock is less sure about the Elland Road future of captain Robert Snodgrass after Norwich tabled an offer for the talented midfielder.I have been given that type of assurance that they are really keen for me to stay“I was hoping when I came to build a team around Rob but they get their head turned and it’s difficult," he said. "You understand the player’s point of view when he sees Howson and Bradley Johnson go down to Norwich. It is disappointing.
“There are a few clubs that like Rob. Norwich have made an offer for him that’s not what we consider acceptable. You can understand why [clubs are interested in him]. He is a top player and he has been for the last few years.”
Ross McCormack could also be on his way out of Leeds, with Warnock willing to let the Scotland striker go if he can find a suitable replacement.
He added: “We have had two or three decent offers for Ross and from what I can gather I don’t think the terms will be a problem with all these clubs that are chasing him. But I don’t want to let anyone go, if I’m honest, unless I’ve got replacements or good players coming in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment