Thursday 12 May 2011

Hamburg Target Gradel

Leeds United winger Max Gradel is a summer transfer target for Hamburg, according to reports in Germany.

Gradel is rumoured to be interesting the Bundesliga club after an award-winning season with Leeds in the Championship.

The 23-year-old was named as United’s player of the year after scoring 18 goals and helping the club to a seventh-placed finish this term, but his contract expires in 12 months’ time and Hamburg are said to be planning a £2m bid for his signature.

Gradel recently expressed his interest in signing a new deal at Elland Road, saying he expected to be a United player next season, and manager Simon Grayson will fight to retain him after seeing the Ivory Coast international emerge as a key player at Elland Road.

Speaking last month, Gradel told the Yorkshire Evening Post: “The opportunity this club gave me changed my career. I’ve gone from not playing enough to playing Championship football every week.

“I owe a lot of thanks to Leeds and I want to stay. I mean that.

“I’ve got one year left and the club know that. After that it’s up to them if they want me to stay. If there’s any contract on the table then I’d sign it because I’m very happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment